As promised, Samsung has started rolling out the android 4.1.2 jelly bean Firmware update for the international version of Galaxy Ace two with model number I8160. The jelly bean update is being released in phases and is anticipated to arrive in different regions step by step .
What is shocking is that users are said to be unhappy with the new update because it has turned their devices slower and laggy. Moreover, a number of the users have complained over quick battery drain issue.
Galaxy Ace two users who would like to come back to the previous android 2.3 gingerbread version and downgrade their devices from android 4.1.2 jelly bean to gingerbread could follow our stepwise guide below.
IBNewsline reminds its readers that it'll not be held responsible for any injury to the device. Before continuing users are suggested to confirm that their devices meet the necessities below.
Key Points to Note:
- Download and install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Ace two on the PC.
- Make sure that USB Debugging Mode is enabled on the phone to attach it with the PC and use android SDK with it. Press Menu> Settings> Applications. From there navigate and click on on Development option and make sure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.
- Create a backup of all information of the phone. If the device has custom recovery like ClockworkMod/TWRP installed already then back up all information using the same since it create an entire image of the present Phone set up.
- The battery of the Galaxy Ace two should have charge higher than eighty per cent.
- The phone should be unlocked and not locked to a specific carrier.
- The firmware file as well as the tutorial below work solely on the Samsung Galaxy Ace two I8160 running on android 4.1.2 jelly bean. Applying these strategies to any incorrect variant would possibly brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of the device by navigating to Settings> about Phone> Model number.
Guide to downgrade Galaxy Ace 2 from Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean to Gingerbread:
- Step-1) Download Gingerbread Firmware I8160XXLK6.Rar to the PC.
- Step-2) Download Odin3_v1.83.zip.
- Step-3) Turn off the Galaxy Ace two and then boot into download Mode. Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons along for a couple of seconds till a warning screen seems. Then press the volume Up button to still enter download Mode.
- Step-4) Open the Odin folder and run the Odin3_v1.83.exe as administrator.
- Step-5) Connect the phone to the PC using USB cable while it's in the download Mode. watch for few seconds till the ID:COM port at the Odin turns yellow indicating the device is successfully connected to the PC.
- Step-6) Now open the extracted firmware folder which will have 3 files as follows.
- a) CODE_GT-I8160XXLK6_CL1211243_REV00_SEC_KEY_LK6-4G.tar.md5.
- b) CSC_GT-I8160-MULTI-CSC-0XELF1_SEC_KEY_4G.tar.md5.
- c) GT-I8160_EUR_XX_4G.pit.
- Step-7) In Odin make sure that Re-Partition, auto reboot and F Reset Time options are chosen.
- Step-8) Click on PDA button and choose the CODE_GT-I8160XXLK6_CL1211243_REV00_SEC_KEY_LK6-4G.tar.md5 file.
- Step-9) Click on CSC button and choose the CSC_GT-I8160-MULTI-CSC-0XELF1_SEC_KEY_4G.tar.md5 file.
- Step-10) Click on PIT button and choose the GT-I8160_EUR_XX_4G.pit file.
- Step-11) Countercheck everything and then click the start button in Odin. The installation method can begin now and would take a couple of minutes to finish.
- Step-12) Once the installation method is completed, the phone will reboot automatically.
Android gingerbread software should now be installed and running on Samsung Galaxy Ace two I8160. Head over to Settings>> about Phone to verify the Firmware version of the device.
Note: Users can download region specific firmware just in case they come have problem with the language of the device. Users are reminded to not use any PIT file whereas installing the new gingerbread firmware; instead, click on the PDA button and choose the file with .tar.md5 extension (in case the download firmware zip contains a single file). additionally, following the aforesaid procedure users can install any new firmware on their Galaxy Ace two.